Are you regularly having the Application Error 0xc0000142 Windows PC Code issue? Are you unable to find the right solution for this problem? This guide will take you through a step-by-step process so that you can fix this error code issue.The Application Error 0xc0000142 Windows PC Code issue is a commonly occurring Windows error. It will affect different types of main Windows applications.
This error will occur whenever an application is unable to start the right way. Sometimes it may also occur when a new program or drier has been installed on the system that is not supported. The error will appear due to issues with DLL files – either they are incompatible or are improperly registered.
There are many underlying causes to the Application Error 0xc0000142 Windows PC Code issue. This includes the following:
- Blue screen of death
- System freeze
- Windows PC error
- Slowed down PC performance
- Shut down problems
- Installation errors
- Bioshock infinite
- Application couldn’t start properly
So how can you fix this error code in your Windows PC?
Here are 4 methods to help you resolve the Application Error 0xc0000142 Windows PC Code issue. One of these techniques is going to help address the underlying cause.
1. Using the ‘regedit’ Command
The first method to resolve the Application Error 0xc0000142 Windows PC Code issue is to RUN the regedit command. The steps involved are as following:
- Open ‘start’ menu and open the ‘RUN’ box
- Type ‘regedit’ in RUN and press Enter
- When a popup appears, click and open ‘registry editor’
- Check the path above and expand the different levels to find the ‘windows key’
- Look for the editor and double click on ‘loadapplnit_DLLs value’ which is on the right side
- Change the value to ‘0’ and click ‘ok’
- Then close the ‘registry editor’ and all the tabs
- Restart the system
This should help in fixing the Application Error 0xc0000142 Windows PC Code problem.
Also See: FAST AND EFFECTIVE GUIDE FOR YOU TO FIX WINDOWS UPDATES
GET A LIST OF TOP 5 TORRENT SITES IN ONE GO
2. Updating DirectX and
.NET Framework Driver programs
Follow these steps to update these programs:
- Open the ‘start’ menu and then ‘control panel’
- Open ‘programs and features’
- Choose the respective drivers and update them one by one
- Right click on the driver and then select the ‘upgrade’ option
- Once you update, make sure to restart the system
3. Running Full System Scan for Malware
The Application Error 0xc0000142 Windows PC Code issue may be caused in your system due to a malware. You can also run a full system scan to address this issue. The steps are as following:
- Open ‘start’ menu
- Search for ‘Microsoft security essentials’ and open it
- Run a full system scan by checking the box against ‘full’ option
- Then run the scan by clicking on ‘scan now’
Close the window once the scan is complete. If any malware are detected, the scan should lead them to be deleted or quarantined. If this was the underlying cause of the 0xc0000142 download code error issue, you will no longer face the problem.
4. Running sfc /scannow Command
You can also resolve the Application Error 0xc0000142 Windows PC Code issue by running the sfc /scannow command in the command prompt. The steps involved are as following:
- Open the ‘start’ menu and search for ‘command’
- Click on the command prompt to open it
- Type the following in the command prompt – ‘sfc/scannow’
- Press Enter
Let it run the scan and when complete, close it. This can help in removing the Error 0xc0000142 Windows PC Code issue from your system.
So these are the most effective ways to fix the Application Error 0xc0000142 Windows PC Code issue. If one method doesn’t work, you should try the next method. The technique that works will be based on the underlying cause of the error.